Sunday, February 23, 2014

Covergirl TruBlend vs. L'oreal True Match

Lately, drugstore makeup brands have been coming out with foundations and concealers that will perfectly match, blend, and fit your skin tone. I've heard a lot about the L'Oreal True Match and the Covergirl TruBlend, but haven't tried either. I do own the Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation (which I'm in love with!), but I decided to test both of these 'true (or tru)' foundations and see which one beats the other. 
First, I'm starting with Covergirl. It was quite easy to find my shade because it has a little sticker on the lid telling you what shade you'll match with if you have their 3-in-1 (my shade is 410 in 3-in-1 and l2 in TrueBlend). The packaging is "traditional" compared to the 3-in-1 and it's past foundations, but there are a few difference, such as the color of the cap and the engraving of Covergirl on the bottle. I purchased this foundation at Walgreens for $9.99, but you can get it cheaper at Walmart for $8.44. I really liked how it felt as I was blending out the foundation on my face. It feels just like the 3-in-1 and it blended very well and I was happy with that. 
When it came to the concealer, I was a little disappointed. It felt "rough" on my face when I was blending it. It's barely creamy and it's pretty dry. It did take a while to evenly blend it all out. BUT, once you get it blended, the coverage is pretty good. I purchased this concealer at Walgreens for $8.99, but it's cheaper at Walmart for $7.44.


The picture above (yes, this was posted on my last blog post about the Covergirl Bombshell Mascara) is after I've put on the rest of my makeup. I was pleased with how it felt and the coverage.
Next is the L'Oreal True Match. I purchased the foundation at Walgreens for $10.49, but it's cheaper at Walmart for $6.98 (big difference!). It was a little difficult trying to figure out my shade let alone my undertone. I ended picking the neutral undertone in the shade n2. If you don't know what your undertone is, look at your wrist. Are your veins purple/blue, blue/green, or green/olive? If you have purple/blue veins, you have a cool undertone. If you have blue/green veins, you have a neutral undertone. And lastly, if you have green/olive veins, you have a warm undertone.
Applying this foundation was decent. It blended nicely, but I didn't find anything magical about it. But the concealer! Oh, the concealer! I am in LOVE with it! It is so creamy and blends so easily. I purchased the concealer at Walgreens for $9.78, but it's cheaper at Walmart for $7.97.



The picture above is after I've put on the rest of my makeup. The foundation coverage is decent and it matches my skin tone and undertone very well. The concealer feels so nice on my skin and the coverage is amazing! 
OVERALL: If you only wanted to pick one foundation and one concealer, I would definitely recommend the Covergirl TruBlend foundation and the L'Oreal True Match concealer. The L'Oreal concealer is so amazing and creamy. It doesn't drag on your skin at all. The Covergirl foundation blending beautifully and the coverage is spot on!       

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking for an excellent contextual ad company, I recommend you try Propeller Ads.

    ReplyDelete