Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

So as you can read by the title, I will be doing a review on the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. Why not the foundation too? Well to put it simply, I didn't really like the Stay Matte Foundation. I only used it twice (yes, I know that's not a good enough excuse to dislike it), but it was the first mousse foundation that I've ever tried and I didn't like the thickness of the mousse on my face. Also another reason why I've decided not to review the foundation is because there's already so many reviews on YouTube and on other blog sites for it. If you want to see a review of the foundation, I will put a like at the bottom of a review by one of my favorite YouTubers.

I purchased the primer at my local Walgreens for $6.99 (not including tax), but after doing some research I  found it a little cheaper at Ulta for $6.69 (again not including tax). So first off, I thought the packaging was adorable! The little crown really won me over. On the front it says that the primer can be 'used alone, under, or over makeup' and it contains 1 fl. oz. so it's easy to travel with. On the back the description says it's 'skin-perfecting, creates a perfect matte complexion, controls shine for up to 8 hours, ultra lightweight, and minimizes pores.' The texture of the primer is great! It's a white primer that feels light and blends easily and it doesn't feel "slippery" or silicone like.

I wanted to show you a picture of me when my makeup is completely done with the primer and 8 hours later. I'm sorry if you can't really see it and lighting in the second picture was horrible, but trust me and take my word for it. I usually use a complexion spray before I start to apply my makeup and a setting oil control spray after I've finished applying my makeup. I'm oily in my T zone (especially my forehead) and after 10 HOURS of wearing this primer, my forehead was NOT oily at all! 

OVERALL: This is a great drugstore primer! The texture is perfect and it does hold in shine for the full 8 hours and beyond! I would suggest purchasing this through Ulta because they usually have sales that are buy 1 get one 50% off.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a good primer! I do not know ANYTHING about primer. In fact I have not even used it until recently, when I bought my first tube. It is the MAGIC Skin Beautifier BB Cream from L'oreal Paris. I have super fair skin, and it is seriously impossible for me to find makeup that matches my skin color! This says, "fair," but it doesn't match my skin. :/ It is supposed to be one of those that come on clear and then change to "match" your skin color. Seriously...I am so white that I have to use baby powder instead of makeup powder :/

    ReplyDelete