Saturday, February 1, 2014

DUPE ALERT: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

DUPE ALERT!
I don't know about you, but I get excited when I find a dupe of a high end product. Not only is the quality and color almost the same, but the price usually costs more than 50% less than the higher end product. A few months ago, I was debating on purchasing the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette mainly because I didn't have many matte colors in my eyeshadow collection (and you can never have too many eyeshadows in my opinion). I ended up not purchasing it because of the price. I didn't feel like paying the $27 for six eyeshadows. So one day I had decided to go to the Rue 21 in town to look for necklaces. As I'm walking around the store, I came across their little makeup stand. I have a crazy obsession with eyeshadow and colors that will make my blue eyes POP! I came across the Rue Beaute Natural Eye 6 Eyeshadow Palette. I opened up this palette and I became so ecstatic to see the same colors that are in the Naked Basics Palette. Not only is it the same colors, but it only cost $5! Recently my boyfriend bought me the Urban Decay Palette because I really wanted to compare the two palettes.



As you can see from the pictures, the Urban Decay palette is smaller than the Rue Beaute palette. The Rue Beaute palette is made from a cardboard like material so it's a little flimsy, while the Naked Basics palette is made with a hard plastic.



Even though the packaging are different sizes, the mirrors are the same size.

The top row of colors are from the Rue Beaute and the Urban Decay colors are on the bottom. As you can see the pigmentation is pretty exact except for the black and the dark brown, but you can just pack more color on and it'll be fine.

OVERALL: I truly love both of these palettes and each one has their own perks. The Urban Decay palette does have a little bit of a better quality than the Rue Beaute palette. BUT with the Rue Beaute palette, you save about 82% (yes, I calculated the savings) of the $27 from the Urban Decay palette.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great first blog Shelby! I loved it! I often go the cheap route! I would rather buy a cheap palette with a bazillion eye shadows than a crazy expensive one with only a few colors in it. :)

    ReplyDelete